Look to Alternative Medicine for the
Best Information and Treatments.
In general, we can’t rely on our Western traditional, allopathic medicine system to help us heal. And I used the term ‘medicine’ on purpose because of its dependance on drugs and non-natural substances.
Most effective information and treatments come from our alternative health care system that, in other countries, is the MAIN health care system. I do believe we have it backwards and as you already know, it’s financially driven.
In my personal experience, and that of the majority of people I have met over the past many years, the traditional United States medical system (I refrain from calling a health care system) is fraught with inaccurate and out-dated information, overuse of drugs and surgical procedures and tons of restrictions and time constraints that make it all but impossible for ‘regular’ doctors to really help us figure out what is happening in our bodies and help us heal.
Traditional American health care generally (and I mean generally) revolves around alleviating symptoms with drugs or other therapies. The millions of people of all ages who are suffering with health issues that their doctors can’t figure out, often end up in worse shape than they started before seeing first their primary health care doctor and then any specialists that doctor recommends.
While I am biased on this area, if you are searching for answers to your own health issues, I do urge you to think outside of the doctors most insurance companies are willing to cover. Look to:
- Environmental doctors
- Nutritionist who specialize in certain disease conditions
- And of course, traditional doctors who have stepped out the ‘system’ to learn what it takes to diagnose and heal the many mysterious health conditions people are struggling with today.
As you probably already know, the biggest challenge, aside from paying for these health practitioners out of pocket because our insurance will rarely cover their services, is finding the right person to help you.
Here are my best suggestions at this point:
- Look who has written books on the condition you are experiencing, if you know what it is.
- Find and join many, if not all, of the Facebook groups that specialize in your symptoms. I have found tremendous knowledge and resources this way.
- Ask friends, family, co-workers and others for recommendations.
- Read, read, and read some more. You never know what book or article or video may just give you the exact clue that you need to begin down your own healing journey.